11 June 2009

Becoming Fit

My relationship with exercise has been on-again, off-again for years.  During the good times, I exercise regularly and can't wait for my next workout.  At one point, I got up in the wee hours of the morning, traveled to a Gold's Gym that was 45 minutes away, got in a morning workout, showered, changed, and was at work by 8 AM...and I did this 4 or 5 times a week for well over a year.  Yep, those were the good old days!  Unfortunately, it's been awhile since I was on such good terms with exercise.

It seems that for the last year or so, I've really struggled to get back into the exercise groove.  You know how it works, you get busy one night so you put off your exercise for the evening, and then before you know it, an week has flown by without a workout.  That week turns to a month, and then a year.  Well, that has to change.  I'm declaring here and now that Mrs. O needs to become fit. 

With that thought in mind, I went downstairs tonight and got in 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical.  I then did a few crunches, and some bicep curls with my hand weights.  By the time I was done I was almost dead...I kid you not, the first few workouts after a break of more than a month is always the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment